kentuckyfriedcruelty.com

Tuesday 10 July 2007

Back in Business!

Well, its been a looong time since my last post and the reason for that is basically I haven't played much poker really (apart from the weekend just gone). So time for a bit of a recap on what I have played and what I can remember.

Well after my last post I went to Riley's again on Thursday night and played the £15 FO in which I did shite and got no cards. I think I only won one pot where I pushed pre with JJ and got no callers - so all in all a lame effort. Hung around tho and the bustees started up an 11 man Sit and Go for £10 each, now the majority of people seemed like they just didn't want to be there so people were playing with shite cards and tight patient play saw me chop 1st place with this old guy who said I was "wearing him out" heads up, for £50 each, which was nice - and I think my largest ever 'live' win with strangers - which is kinda pathetic, lol.

Think I dabbled a bit in online pokes with like $10 here and there, couldn't really play cos I had no money and had direct debits to pay. Well, my £2K loan came in, and so I paid £1000 off my overdraft so now I won't get charged interest :-)

Have used the rest of the £2K to pay off a couple of people that I owed, and of course I deposited some to play poker with.
I first lost my rakeback for the 2nd half of June on Inter Poker which was about £30. I can't remember the exact figures of what I deposited so this is roughly. I deposited about £25 and managed to lose it Heads Up. Then I think last Friday night I lost another £25 Heads Up so I deposited £100 and played the same guy some more. He had me down to my last $46 from the $200 or so I got from the £100 - but this guy was simply awful and way too aggressive and I managed to outplay him all the way to about $230. I then had to go out and went to my friends house and got pissed, not before playing a little bit of £0.50/£1 HU in a 6 max room. I sat with £40 cos that's what my opponent had, first hand i have 10 4 off in my BB, we see a flop of 2 4 10, i check, he bets £1.50 and i just insta push and he insta calls with 55 - lol plus £40 for me, I played a bit more then left about £40 up.

I can't remember exact figures now but I know i withdrew all the money I had deposited in the last couple of days so that I was playing with just winnings and by Sunday this was about £100 (can't remember how I got it). Well, I was uber-hungover on Sunday cos I went to London the night before and spent about £70 - mostly on booze - lol. Well on Sunday I sat there and I was just getting bored of all this small stakes shit. Thoughts of Bluescouse's mega spin ups took over my thoughts so I thought fuck it I'll go on a mini spin and see what happens. So I noticed the 10 seater $2/$5 game was running on Inter. I sat with $200 out of my $230 roll. The table filled to max pretty quickly, I lost about $30 so I topped up my stack with my last $30 and just played uber tight. Well a nice hand came up when i was in the SB with 74 off, there was one limper so I thought I would complete for value. The flop was a pretty standard 4 4 7 with 2 clubs so i checked and next to act bet $25 and then the pre flop limper called! I thought prob one of them was on a flush draw - so I min raised to $50 which is kinda obvious I had the 4 but oh well, well the next man knew this and folded but to my delight the PFL went all in! I snap called and he showed 4 6 so was drawing dead to a runner runner split pot at best. He missed and I was up to around $400 or so (can't remember exact). Not sure what he was doing limping in middle position with 4 6 off but I'm glad he did.

The next hand I basically played at all came when I had AKo on the button. It got folded to me and I made it $20. The SB then insta raised to $60 (not sure how he did it so quickly). I basically thought he has QQ or maybe KK or AA - but i figured KK or AA far less likely seeing as I had AK - so I just wanted to see a flop and if an A or K fell I was not gonna get away from it. Well I called and the flop came 4 9 A which I was more than happy with cos I can't see him 3 betting me pre flop with 44 or 99 and if he has AA well then cooler city eh? He bet out about the pot I don't remember, so I pushed and he insta called with A5 off?? He turned a gutshot and I shit myself for a bit but my hand held up which put me up to about $650 - glad I came across such morons - what the hell was he doing with A5? I then went up and down a bit cos I always loosen up after winning a big pot and getting a big stack. But I did the sensible thing and left on $550 - so a good session all in all and my mini spin up worked. I later played a £5 STT and took it down with I think the best comeback ever, i had 87 chips left with the BB at 400 with 4 people left and I still won - I so rock. I withdrew £20 just for the hell of it and that left my bankroll at about £240.

Played last night and lost about £10 but I was tired and couldn't even be arsed to play so I got an early ish night. I also watched Jambon's video (player from Warwick Uni) of 4 tabling and he is a good player and basically very aggressive with lots of 3 betting pre flop and not a lot of flat calling. I started to try out his method but didn't play for long so I hope to practise it more in a good session soon on £25NL which is good BRM for me lol. I have added 2 links to the side of my blog - one of my mate Jack who is nothing like me when it comes to poker - ie. sensible with highly disciplined BRM skills, the other is someone who is somewhat similar - Ed 'Bluescouse' who wins and loses ridiculously sick amounts of money from scratch and has no BRM skills, both worth a read!

That's about it I guess, now have a bankroll of over £225 which I made in a couple of short sessions which is more than workable, will see what I can do!

No comments: