kentuckyfriedcruelty.com

Saturday 14 July 2007

Good result?

Firstly Harry Potter was pretty good, and I only thought about poker about once all the way through lol! Well, I came home from work on Friday night and lost the remaining £50 in my bank owing to some seriously shite play (from other players) and nasty rivers on crypto. One example I raise KK and get a caller to see a flop of JQx all hearts and I have K of hearts, i bet - get called, turn a blank, I push and he thinks and calls with AJ no heart, river a J for £37 pot, ho hum. Well then I only had £6 on my card so no more playing for me on Friday night so did the only sensible thing and went round my mates house and got pissed.

So Saturday came and my work cheque had cleared so obviously I wanted to chill all day and play some poker. Deposited $109 onto Stars to play the $100 + $9 multi on there, and £50 on to crypto to play there. The $109 multi was a bit of a risk cos its very expensive but the reward is worth it so I thought fuck it why not. 150 runners and I came 7th for $637.50. Its very nice but its still a bit disappointing because its not often you find yourself on a final table where the first prize is $4300!

However, I should feel lucky cos I was short stack with 18 people left, so to even make the final table was an achievement, don't think I have ever been so patient in a tournament, even folded A high on button when folded to me as short stack and the SB showed JJ! Also folded 88 with a raise before meas short stack, just played uber uber tight and managed to work my way to final table and so I am happy with the much needed $630 after Thursday nights fiasco. Tried to cash the whole lot out but forgot you have to wait 48 hours after depositing, so will try and resist the urge to hit $5/$10 ;-)

On the crypto side of things, played a £10 multi and lost when I made a good call, it got folded to the SB and he completed, I had A5 in the BB and made it 900 with blinds at 150/300. He then pretty quickly pushes, and I pretty quickly saw straight through this and called, he had 67s and he rivered a straight, I may not have been that far ahead but I knew he had nothing but oh well what can you do.

Think I may have found my niche on crypto. The £0.10/£0.20 cash games. I have started playing my usual pretty aggressive style in here and find the players at this level pretty abysmal who call me down so light that my style really works. I have been doing very well on this level, (as i write this i just flopped a set with 44 flop Q 4 Q! - first set in sooooooo long). Just won that pot and I currently sit on £75.66 in there and max buy in is £20 so I think I may stay at this level for a while. One example of how lame the players are, i had AA and bet every street and finally pushed the river and got called by AQ no pair. Just one example of the standard.

Well I'm in a $6 18 man turbo on stars now as well as the cash game so I better get off back to it... and I just busted out of it in 9th, dammit! Well now at least I have an OK roll on crypto again and will continue at £20 cash games, will withdraw the whole poker stars roll ASAP to replace the money I lost earlier in the week. Must... resist... the cash games.

Bankroll - £???

No comments: