kentuckyfriedcruelty.com

Saturday 28 July 2007

Friday night

Last night was the first Friday in ages that I just stayed in and didn't drink any alcohol. I was so knackered from a tough week that I just wanted an early night and a nice lie in. I wanted to play some poker and just chill so I deposited £100 on to Inter. I played the $20 headhunter tournament and came about 48th, taking no heads, lame. I then attempted some sort of bankroll management and played £0.05/£0.10 cash games, I proceeded to lose £23, that's more than 2 buy ins in not a very long time; at these stakes people just don't fold, you really have to hit a hand in order to win pots and as this doesn't happen very often, it wasn't too successful for me. People were literally calling all ins on the flop with K high etc.

So I had £67 left from the £100 and was a little disheartened so decided to play £0.25/£0.50 with the full £50 buy in. Now I played so so sensibly and very well too, caught a few fish and eventually left the room on £206 at about 1am. So a £156 profit for the session, very pleasing. I cashed out the £100 I had deposited leaving myself with £135ish bankroll to work with.

I feel I was just playing much better poker, like I used to months ago, totally in control of the table and making good reads, keeping pots small with mediocre hands etc. I even laid down 1010 on an 8 high flop and the guy had QQ. Something I would usually just not do, I was actually not playing like a moron and thinking things through with good results.

Hopefully I can keep up this level of play, only time will tell, at least I have some money to work with again.

Bankroll - £135.11

No comments: