kentuckyfriedcruelty.com

Tuesday 1 April 2008

Grinding away

I have played a few sessions recently and have started to get to grips with multi tabling. I have been playing 6 tables maximum using crypto's 'proview' mode which took some getting use to but I am getting better at doing it. It means I play tighter because you need to fold so many hands as I still find it a little tricky when I am dealt 3 or 4 good hands at once, hit the flop and try to work out how best to play the hands all at once! I still have not played higher than $50 or £25 and I am very proud of this despite being slightly tempted last night....

My roll was £960 at the start of last night and I decided to have a 'quick' session of heads up play at about 9:30. I dropped a buy in to some guy who said he was on a train in Belgium and had to change trains! So I changed rooms to someone who had a $270 stack in $50NL. Things just went awful against this guy, starting when I stacked off with a turned middle two against a flopped top 2. There were so many set up hands and it felt like I couldn't win a thing, he kept pushing pre flop to my raises and I kept calling because I was tilting and he kept having the better of it! A $200+ pot really sent me over the edge when I re-raised JJ pre flop and he pushed and I called he had AQ and of course hit not one but 2 aces.

I ended up dropping about 7 or 8 buy ins to this guy before making one back before he left. Most players at this level are pretty useless in the heads up rooms but I gotta give this guy credit he played a blinder and tilted me like a gooden, he also ran like fucking god but hey such is poker. I stayed in this room and opened up another and then I started to run better! In my original room I stacked a couple peeps and got up to $200. In the new room I stacked everyone who sat opposite me including the same person 3 times; my KK held up to AQs AIPF despite the 2 spades on the flop for a $170 pot. My set of 7's held up against the nut flush draw on the flop for another $100+ pot. So at 1am I cashed out of one room with $200 and the other $300 leaving me with a £3 loss for the night, felt like a huge win though! Kinda reminds me why I both shouldn't play heads up, and why I like it so much ;-)

I keep having crazy losses followed by huge wins to make it all back and I just wish I could do the latter and forget the former! On Saturday night I came home semi-drunk from a wedding and got stacked a couple of times, then went on a crazy run turning my £25 into £150 in £25 NL in about an hour! I ended that night break even! I was also playing some $50 PLO spinning up to $150, busting it all, reloading and spinning back up to $130 before leaving lol, gotta try not to play drunk it can be very swingy indeed.

Having said all that though things are most definitely going well, I feel like a proper grinder when I'm sitting there playing 6 tables but I really enjoy it, being rolled allows you to make decent bold plays that often get paid off and I am very comfortable with my game at the moment. The roll is now £957 and I am due rakeback any day now which should take it comfortably above £1000, which has taken me 2 weeks to earn, I hope I can keep up the success, I just wish I could play all day instead of working some boring job!

On a side not I'm gonna add amatay's blog because it is a good read. He just had a bad tilty session which just goes to show that even the most level headed and decent players can blow up and tilt like maniacs, poker is not easy, despite what anyone says.

I wanna say hi to Tom and Jack I know you sometimes read this - we need a home game soon big time, and Tom - start a blog!

Edit: I got £293.20 in rakeback! Far more than I expected, great thing it is! Just played a bit of HU too so the roll is now £1263.69.

3 comments:

Amatay said...

Gotcha :-)

Ironmonk said...

You did indeed lol! At least it shows that a lot of people are genuinely concerned and willing to offer help to complete strangers though.

Unknown said...

hello everyone, ive been practicing poker and online poker since last week and i am still not familiar of some poker terms, can you help me please? By the way, what do you mean by Betfair bonus? THanks!

____________________
Marvin

At RakeBackCelebPoker.com We Will You Give you a 100% Match Bonus Up To €100 Plus 30% Rakeback for Life! Sign Up Now. http://www.RakeBackCelebPoker.com