kentuckyfriedcruelty.com

Wednesday 23 April 2008

Jazzy

I'm bored at work so I decided to muck about and jazz up the colour of my blog a bit, it kinda hurts the eyes but fuck it, I'll change it up again another time. I have been playing a bit and have withdrawn the £500 I put in the other day and have also withdrawn a further £320 leaving myself with a roll of about £325.

My plan was buying into £0.50/£1 with £50 each time and was having good success. On Monday night however I played for too long and started to get bored and very very loose, topping up my buy in and seeing lots of flops. I went up and down and this culminated in me losing a £340+ pot with something like 56d to AA where all the money went in on the turn where I mis read him for AK he played it well. If I can find the hand history at home I might post the hand. I had started the night with £585 (this was before withdrawing the £300 but after the £500) after this tilty session I was down to £175 so at about 1:30am I joined £2/£5 with the lot.

A few hands in it's folded to me on the button and I make it £17 with J8c which seemed to be the standard table raise. The BB re raised to about £52 and of course I call. The flop comes J 7 2 or something and he sticks me all in, hoping he has AK or 1010 etc, and not really caring, I of course call and he shows QQ. However the poker gods were shining down on me and I rivered another J to double up to about £300 - one card away from having no roll, phew! Shortly after the same opponent raised to £17 from UTG and I called on the button with 55 and the big blind called also. The flop was a pleasing 5 10 7 with 2 diamonds. BB checks, original raiser bets £35 or something, I raise it up big to about £110, BB folds, original raiser thinks then pushes which is exactly what I wanted. I insta call and he shows Q10s, the turn was a Q and the river a 10!!!! Just kidding, it went blank blank and the fishy doubled me up again to £600! All this in about 20 mins of being in this room.

A bit earlier as it was getting late I had said to myself the next time I hit a set or get back up to £600 I will go to bed cos I hadn't hit a set in like 100 pocket pairs. Well this hand which was my first and only pocket pair in this £2/£5 room not only gave me a set but also got me back up to £600 and it was like 2am so I took this as a sign to count my blessings and leave which I did.

Yesterday I withdrew the £320 like I said and played a bit of $2/$5 before going out, winning $60. I cant be arsed to grind with this £325, I'll most likely buy in half stack to £1/£2 and $2/$5 and attempt some sort of spinnage so I'll either bust it all or make a nice sum. In future I think I am going to withdraw more. Like if I get to £1000 then withdraw £500 and carry on from there because the amount of times I have won a decent amount then lost it is ridiculous so if I was to keep withdrawing I would have something to show for it at least. Good luck at the tables and Jack, when is SAPS night?!

No comments: