kentuckyfriedcruelty.com

Tuesday 29 April 2008

GTA IV

I have decided I will probably never be a long term winner at poker, so I'm gonna tone down my play for a bit and try to play a lot less. Thankfully I received Grand Theft Auto IV for my PS3 in the post today so I am going to have something to keep me occupied for a good while, can't wait to play this game the hype has been unreal and apparently completely justified!

On Thursday night, I had £200 left of my roll, I got it up to £300+ playing £2/£5 then lost it all, then a further £100, then £100 then £100 then a last £100 before I went to bed at about 3:30am £600 poorer and text work to say I wouldn't be coming in the next day; miserable. Since then however I have managed to win £200 of the £400 I lost from my bank back, and I get at least £200 in rakeback on Thursday so I will withdraw this too at least putting me even with my bank but I won't have much of a roll if at all, but I'm not really bothered.

So I don't think I will play as much, and certainly won't be touching the higher levels, I just can't afford to lose at these levels, and losing a few min buy ins doesn't necessarily mean I am crap, it's just too much for me to afford seeing as I earn about £900 a month after tax :-(

I will probably play a few £20 multis here and there and hope for a big score, and at least get more poker for my money, but I think I will be playing far less. I played a €20 multi the other day; top 5 got paid and I was 2nd with 6 left and still came 6th, this is how: I am 2nd and raise big when folded to me on the button with 77. The BB who is tilting like mad makes the call and pushes the 8c 8 10c flop which I snap call cos I knew he would do this cos he has been pulling this stop and go all the time, also I still had a lot of chips if he wins the hand. He shows 95c for the flush draw and hits on the turn. The very next hand I raise up AQs and the BB pushes all in, I have him covered and again snap call, he shows A10d, the flop is Q9x and I think I'm safe, of course the turn is a K and when I say no jack no jack it was inevitable that it would come on the river. This really pissed me off and now I'm down to 2K and nearly out, I almost mounted a comeback but it wasn't to be, and it was €400 for 1st, annoying.

Oh well I have booked tomorrow off work to get some quality GTA IV time in, sad I know but I don't care cos this game looks awesome, I also have barely played Call of Duty 4 since I bought it cos I keep prefering to play poker in my spare time ;-p. Seeing as I don't have to get up early I might play the £20 NTX on crypto, who knows!

1 comment:

RoyalFire said...

hey dude,
Keep it calm

Royalfire....

Check out my blog too we might be able to motivate each other
Gl