kentuckyfriedcruelty.com

Thursday 6 March 2008

Crazy times

The night before last I played poker till 6am. I was tilting after a couple of coolers and ended up busting my whole roll. The final hand I was playing £2/£5 heads up against a maniac in a 6 seater room, I raised with 10Jd and pushed on a KdQdx flop, he insta called with Q6off and I couldn't hit. Time to go to bed! Earlier in the night I had tried going to bed but I was buzzing and couldn't sleep and all I could think about was playing more so I did. Lots of hands, lots of tables but ultimately I was busto.

So the next day, after little sleep and letting work know I wouldn't be in because I was ill, which was partially true cos I have been feeling like shit recently. I get back on the tables. I deposited £500 and played some £2/£5 still trying to build back losses quickly. I moved on to £1/£2 and $2/$5 heads up play and got very unlucky losing to 3 outters a few times to eventually lose it all. Tilting, I put another £200 in and lost that too! Feeling like things were beginning to spiral out of control, I put another £55 on so I would have the min $100 buy in for $2/$5. I got up to about $240 then my opponent sat out for ages so I left and did the only sensible thing which was to join a $5/$10 room :-). A couple of hours later I cashed out on about $1900 reaching $2K at peak, I was playing very well in this room, making good value bets and not being a fish, it was also a lot of fun playing these stakes and I don't think the players are particularly amazing it was pretty easy really. I pissed about a bit more then stopped playing and withdrew the £755 that I had deposited that day leaving me with a little over £100.

I took a break then donked off that £100 in £2/£5 raising with 910off then pushing an open ended on the flop, got called by a Q high flush draw and his Q high was good for the pot! I deposited another £95 and had dinner. I played again at about 11pm and sat with $199 in a $2/$5 room. By the time I cashed out at 1am I was sitting on a stack just shy of $1000 so I withdrew the £95 which now leaves me with a roll of £400! So I basically managed to turn £50 into about £1400 yesterday, I seem to always get myself out of these scrapes somehow, just wish I didn't get in them in the first place!

Soooooooo, obviously I have had a big hit to my roll but I have enough to rebuild with if I can keep playing well, I always seem to play better when it is my last money. I haven't lost anything from my bank so I'm not that bothered, £400 is plenty to play with, until it all happens again!

No comments: