kentuckyfriedcruelty.com

Tuesday 18 March 2008

BRM BRM BRRMMMMM!

No not the sound of a car, bankroll management! Yes I have come to the realisation that unless I adpot it I will always lose my roll, sooner or later. It's taken me long enough but finally the light has come on! I have attempted BRM in the past but always got bored and if my roll took a hit I would instantly move up levels. I am DETERMINED to stick to it this time, it's a complete mind game and I need to get control of my emotions. I would love to quit my job one day and make £100 a day playing poker, which is £36,500 a year tax free which is the equivalent to like a £50K salary or something, pretty good! Then £200 a day etc etc! Pipe dreams? Maybe.

Anyway I have deposited £400 with which I am playing £25 or $50 NL. I need to withdraw that £400 at some point though cos I kinda need it. One thing I need to do is tone down my aggression; I raise far too many hands pre flop, and continuation bet and bluff far too much. This is because I have so many buy ins behind me the money sort of means less. In a couple of sessions so far I am up to £450 but this would be a lot more if I could tone down my aggression. I need to somehow pretend that the blinds are £5/£10 or something lol. I will design some sort of plan on when I move up levels etc later.

As the old proverb goes - slow and steady wins the race, and this is one race I plan on bringing home.

No comments: