kentuckyfriedcruelty.com

Tuesday 27 November 2007

Not in the mood...


It's been 2 weeks now since I played poker. Here is a brief account of what's happened since and why I'm not playing.

Well, on Tuesday the 13th and going into Wednesday the 14th which was my birthday I lost the roll I had on PKR, I wasn't particularly bothered because I had withdrawn more than that in previous weeks and I knew it wouldn't last forever, especially with the way I was playing that night lol. It was fun tho, I was playing so loose, this one guy and me were berating each other and I went down to $13 at one point before getting back up to $60 somehow. Then I get dealt KK and want my image to pay off so push all in, no one calls. Very next hand I get AA and raise big, stupid guy calls, flop is J J 8 I think, I bet big he calls, turn is a rag, I push he calls with Q9s lololololol, THEN starts laying into me about how lucky I am etc, when he makes that call with Q high and a gutshot on a paired board, LOL.

Anyway, I turned 24 which sucks cos I'm getting old and still in a shittly paid job. Had a great birthday tho, went to London then out at the weekend and saw people I hadn't seen in a while. Anyway, on the Friday, I took my car in for its MOT. It failed, but when I had to pay for the MOT test the transaction had to be authorised by phone and the woman told me my card had been blocked! wtf?! I was feeling pissed off that they were quoting me £400 on the work plus this, (incidentally I took my car elsewhere and got it got half that - rip off merchants!) Anyway I ring the fraud hotline and it appears someone had cloned my card and used it in a cash point in Australia!!! So it was blocked and it took till the following Tuesday till I got a replacement card, hence no poker that weekend.

However even when I got my card I didn't feel like playing, I have done so well in saving recently that I managed to clear my overdraft and still have more in my bank than I think ever, poker wins helped me achieve this. Also I want to buy a 42" Samsung Plasma to go with the PS3 I'm getting which is about £680. That with all the expenses of my car, birthdays and xmas has made me think twice about playing even a $10 game. I don't want to try and deposit myself a mini roll, say £50, then lose it, cos money is important right now.

Maybe I am seeing sense I dunno, but I do know that I have been almost too scared to play, one tilty session could see me lose a couple of hundred quid, something which would just piss me off so much right now! I might wait till after I have paid for all my things and my TV before playing again, and to be honest I haven't even really been in the mood, and like I said a little scared of what could happen if I lose. I could really do with some poker winnings right now though...

I'm not sure when I will play again and therefore update this blog again, but when it happens as I'm sure it will I will update again to keep my loyal maybe 3 readers of my blog interested, lol, laters.

No comments: