kentuckyfriedcruelty.com

Wednesday 7 November 2007

About bloody time!!!

Its 1:32 am and I'm very happy! I have just made the best comeback of my poker life no doubt taking first place in the PKR $1500 guaranteed and $750 along with it, despite being down to 350 chips at one stage with blinds at 75/150! :-)

Quick update. Lost the $100 on stars, no surprises there. Very nearly span up £1.80 to £28 on crypto but lost the pot on the river. Put £50 onto Betfred, went up and down, withdrew £20, lost the final £30. So tonight I was not going out, loaded up PKR again cos I remembered the $55 tournament that I came 3rd in last time.

Well I played the same again tonight, its $1500 guaranteed and this time there were slightly more runners, 50 in total, but still a small field. So I deposited the $55 and got off to an OK start, then I had KK and made it 240 with blinds at 30/60, one caller flop 678, he check raises all in I call he has 77, ouch, still leaves me with 1300 however. Shortly after with blinds at 50/100 UTG pushes for 600, I have 1100 left and call with 33, tiltily. He has AK and wins that one. Left with 500, this soon becomes 350 after the blinds. This was the lowest my stack got, but with blinds at 75/150, I find 99 in early position and push for 350, get 3 callers and somehow manage to quadruple up despite a 10 and a Q coming out. Very next hand I get JJ and limp UTG. Couple of callers to an 8 high flop. SB bets, I push, everyone else folds he calls with A8, I double again.

From there on in I played the tightest game probably ever, was just trying to make the money for a while, played solidly and was on the final table in about 5th place. Top 8 got paid and it took forever for the bubble to burst. However I played my tight A game and took that puppy down, took 4 hours and it wasn't easy but I'm very pleased right now, it's one of my biggest tournament wins, in the top 5 I think (best being $5000 for 5th out of 1250ish in the Betfair $100,000 freeroll). Have just withdrawn $550 to cover the buy in, the £30 lost on Betfred and a couple hundred for my bank account. Have $200 on PKR now but I doubt it will stay there for long because I will withdraw it most likely. Now very tired and off to bed because i have work in 7 hours, about time I took down a multi though!

1 comment:

mushyjim said...

Liar, it's 1:31.
Nice WIN!