kentuckyfriedcruelty.com

Saturday 23 June 2007

Some live poker

Straight after my last post I remembered that Interpoker owed me 8% rakeback for the first half of June, this equated to about £8.65 so I took it to a £0.15/£0.25 table. I had soon worked it up to £17.50 ish - however that didn't last too long and my loose aggressive style eventually got picked off when someone flopped a set. Losing this seemed to really piss me off but I resisted the temptation to deposit.

I then didn't play again until Thursday night when I went to my local Riley's pool and snooker club for the regular £15 FO they have there every week for a bit of live poker. There were 44 entrants and it was £330 for 1st which was very decent. A lot of the players there are worse than clueless, so you need to find a hand and are almost guaranteed to get paid off. I will give a couple of examples of the donk plays at the end of this post.

Key hands were, in my BB and no one raises I have 9d3d and check, the flop comes 3c 3h 3s!!! So I check my random flopped quads wondering if I am ever gonna be able to get paid, well the action checks round and the turn is the 9c! So i have hit the deck pretty damn hard but my quads are good enough I don't need the full house. I check again and a guy bets 1000 the SB (my mate who I went with) folds, and I min raise it up to 2000, he then to my pleasure decides to re-raise me all in but its only 850 more. I obviously insta call and he shows Q7c for the flush draw (told u the players were bad). He actually hits his flush on the river but it's highly irrelevant seeing as how I had flopped 4 of a kind.

Next hand of significance, my friend to my right (hi Jack!) decides to open raise all in from UTG for about 2600 with the blinds at 300/600. I know he is getting short but didn't really want to look down at QQ (cos he's my mate). Anyway its not like I'm folding to this dweeb so I push all in over the top to protect my hand. He flips up 6c7c (some sort of lucky hand - it's no J9 suited but I'll let him have it) and my Queens hold up to give me a nice stack.

Shortly after we go on a break and I sit back down with about 11K in chips and the blinds shortly go up to 600/1200. I watch some abysmal plays and then get dealt JJ in the BB, everyone folds to the button who limps and the SB makes it 4000. I re-raise all in for another 6100 to the SB. He thinks for a very long time so I then know I'm ahead. After much deliberation he decides to call with AQoff. The door card is a J which makes me happy. However the big bully 10 decides to accompany my friend Jack on the flop then gets his mate the King of Clubs to join him on the turn. This completes the guy's straight and I fail to house up on the river meaning I'm out in about 13th place. Annoying, but with the standard of play, its takedownable sometime soon I'm sure. Was nice to play some live poker for a change too and I am looking forward to going next week.

On a side note, deposited £5 into Skypoker and am playing on the beginner tables at £0.05/£0.10 and the standard of play is awful. Already made about £28 profit from a couple of sessions and took out the £5 so am freerolling there and will see what I can do.

Now for a couple of shocking plays I saw at Riley's. Guy to my left (whom I learnt won the previous week) makes a standard enormous raise and is called by someone in position on him (can't remember exact details, blinds were around the 100/200 stage). Anyway flop comes something like K J 9 all hearts and the pre flop raiser checks other guy bets 1000, gets a call. Turn is a non heart and it goes check check. River is another non heart and the pre flop raiser bets 2000 then gets a call! Pre flop raiser shows 22 no heart and the other guy mucks saying something about the A of hearts! Can't believe 22 was good and can't believe A high called but oh well.

Another one, with blinds at 500/1000 guy to my left makes it 3000 to go, big stack new girl who is clueless calls the raise. flop is K 10 2 with two spades, girl checks, man bets 2000, girl calls. Turn a 9, check, 2000, think, call. River a 6, girl checks again, man bets 2000 again, girl calls. Man shows 56 off and girl shows A6 off and takes down a huge pot - unreal. She then proceeds to call an 8000 all in with Q7 off against A8 and spikes a Q on the river to further increase her donkey-gotten stack. These are just a couple of examples of the awful play which can only be a good thing when u manage to get a hand.

Well I think this post has been long enough so I will end it here, not before saying that I got a promotion at work so I will now be a team leader and get a bit more money too which is very nice and makes me happy. Goodbye!

No comments: