kentuckyfriedcruelty.com

Sunday 17 June 2007

Not so good...

Time for an update. Well I played on Thursday night for 1.5 hours and managed to make about £24 which was fine, got an early night then cos I was knackered. Then on Friday when I got home after work I played for about an hour before dinner and made $100 so my roll was up to about £330. I had dinner then played for about 2 hours and ran so so bad, I was getting so many rag hands and when I did get a hand I would lose my aces lost to QQ for a big pot when a Q flopped, I had a huge cooler in the small blind vs. the big blind where I held 7J and the board read 4 8 9 10 rainbow and yes he had JQ. It was just one of those sessions where nothing went right and I lost over $200 (I was playing $0.50/$1) so my roll went down to about £212.

I then went out to my mates house to get pissed but I was thinking about poker a lot and at 2 in the morning and pretty drunk I logged on to his computer and put my money in two rooms of £0.50/£1... To cut a long story short I lost it all, can't remember any hands at all but there was this guy who was bluffing continuously and I just wanted to keep playing. But I had no money, so I checked my online banking to see if my pay cheque had cleared and to my joy/dismay not sure really, it had! I thought uh oh here I go tilting away my wages, but I was pissed and listened to the devil on my shoulder not the angel.

Anyway I decided to play it safe(?) and deposited £75 and sat back in the same room. Now this bluffing guy was my target and I managed to get in lots of pots with him and was able to call him down real light with hands like A5 and an A flopped and he would bluff every street with like 83off in has hand or something. Well I ran well then and span that £75 into about £180 before leaving the room which was breaking up and bluffing fish man had left. I then withdrew £100 and took the rest into $2/$5 in an attempt to spin it up, and also bluffing fish man was in this room playing the same donk way. I started off OK in here before losing my stack on a K high flop with KQ and ran into KA, another K on the turn made no difference cos the river was a 4 and he won the $420ish pot. Well it was 4am then and the birds were starting to sing and the sun was coming up so I thought it best to call it a night so I did. I wasn't too annoyed because I banked the £100 which was £25 more than I deposited although I had no roll anymore and knew I wanted to play again the next day.

So, Saturday came and I was planning on going to London, but wanted to get a session in before I went, so I deposited £50 and sat in 2 rooms of $0.50/$1 with a $50 stack in each, now I ran very good in both rooms and left each with about $130 (would have been about $90 more but some donk called my $5 raise pre when I had AQs and proceeded to call my all in on the turn when the board read Q 6 6 10 with 2 hearts, he called for his whole stack with 93h - a 9 high flush draw on a paired board with 1 card to come for his whole stack, and of course he hit - joke. Nevertheless I made about £75 here which was nice, so I withdrew £25 making me even on my wages, and that left me with about £103 of my original roll.

All in all not good but not a total disaster, at least I have not technically spent any of my wages. Had a great night out in London, spent far too much money but its better than wasting it on poker. Now very tired and hungover but keen to play again. Might also try and qualify for the Poker Stars WSOP 150 seats tournament, will have to see.

Bankroll - £103.65

No comments: