kentuckyfriedcruelty.com

Thursday 14 June 2007

The first blog...

Hello, me, and welcome to your secret blog that no one is going to know about at least for the time being. It's time to assess your play, bankroll managing skills, tilt tendencies etc. because its time to start becoming a winning player. I have played as high as £10/£20 before and had a bankroll as high as £6500, but various factors contributed to me losing; drunkenness, no respect for money, having too much (free) money available to me (student loan for example), and most importantly of all, a tendency to tilt BIG TIME and literally throw money away on purpose. It makes no sense, but I would like to put all that behind me. I work a full time job now earning £6.50 an hour, I cannot afford to lose my hard EARNED cash anymore, so something needs to change.

The majority of my play will be on crypto at Interpoker, I like the simplicity of the system on crypto, I like the way the hands r turned up before the cards r dealt when 2 or more people are all in in cash games, and various other things. Downside it has a lot of scandinavians who are reputedly good, but to be honest I much prefer playing good players, because u get less suck outs. Having said that there are plenty of fish and I intend to not be one of them and, providing I don't tilt this should not be a problem......famous last words......

Well as it stands I managed to work up my bankroll from what was pretty much my last £30, well it was. I got saved by a lucky river; was playing £0.25/£0.50 Heads Up in a 6-max room, I had AJ, he raised to £2 i re raised to about £6 and he pushed, I dwelt for a long time, before calling my last £30, a bad call but it was just so tempting to press the call button I couldn't resist. Well I did, he had 77 and I hit an Ace on the river, giving me £60, this pretty much saved me because losing that pot would have meant I had no money to play with (as I have nothing in my bank thanks to blowing a load earlier in the month on £1/£2).

Well I have managed to work that £60 in to £258 so far, mainly through cash games, the odd STT and MTT as well. My STT stats for my new Interpoker account are very good as I have been playing very solid so far, however the real money is to be made in cash games and the odd MTT win - but of course these are rare so I will be playing mainly cash games.

I gave the new £0.05p/£0.10p stakes a go on crypto in an attempt to bankroll manage myself, but I soon realised these stakes r just too painfully small and the level of players so bad that it is just too frustrating to play for an hour, make a whopping £4 then lose it all and more to some fishy donks lucky river. So no, I switched to £0.25p/£0.50p and had a lot more success, the standard is better and I think I concentrate more and play better when the money is higher. Its not ideal bankroll management by a long way with only 5 buy ins, but I just cant play lower because I dont play well. Of course there is every likelyhood I will go broke and have to redeposit from my wages which I get paid this weekend, however I already owe loads from that measely pay cheque so I dont really look upon this as an option. Quite simply I will have to not lose, lol I realise how stupid that sounds but its true.

I also don't get a lot of time to play these days because I work full time. During the week I will play for about an hour a night if I play at all, so most of my play is at the weekends. Well, I am going to wish myself luck and hopefully I can steadily increase my roll, the amount of times I have gone broke is stupid tho so I can obviously see this happening to me again, only time will tell. I am hopefully getting poker tracker to help my play develop further and I might even give £0.15p/£0.25p a go cos I am more 'rolled' for that level, lol, I wish myself luck! - I think I will need it!

Bankroll - £258.59

No comments: