kentuckyfriedcruelty.com

Wednesday 21 May 2008

Rolling steady

I have played a fair bit of heads up play recently, mainly on £0.50/£1 but I dabbled in $2/$5 and £1/£2 winning in both my short sessions at these stakes. I actually bust my roll a couple of times and had to re deposit, £500 in total but I have since withdrawn this again; so is the nature of playing heads up under-rolled.

One particularly sick session was in the early hours of Sunday morning, I had managed to get my roll back up to £200 and it was all in one room, then this guy who is a weak player came along and sat with £40 and basically busted me.... so I deposited £100 and lost it! Deposited another £100, lost this too. Now I was really pissed off cos I know I am a better player than this guy, so I did another £100 and that's when I turned it around and took his whole £400+ stack off him and then he reloaded and I won that too. Took about 2 hours in all but it was a great fun session and I'll be clocking up loads of rakeback! I have had a few lengthy heads up sessions usually managing to bank a win with each.

Last night there was a maniac playing in a 6 seater £0.50/£1 room, he had a big stack, much of that thanks to me. He liked to open raise for £17/£35 etc pre flop, and bet £20+ on the flop into pots of £3. Call all ins with A8 high on the turn drawing dead against a set of QQQ for £200+ pot etc etc, that sort of player - the sort I love :-) He stacked me for a full buy in with one hand where I raised to £8 pre with AK (not something I would usually do of course) the flop came down 10A10 and I bet and he raised and this was not unusual for him so I pushed and he called with 10 2 off, nh! I was £170 down in this room but I got my own back on him and so did everyone else in the room it was just a matter of time, I left the room on £325ish, I hope he comes back again! Also played 10 seater £1/£2 for a bit and won £22ish.
.
My current bank roll is £640 and my withdrawals have been £576. So I am up £1216 for the month which I guess is pretty good. I have yet to add this months rakeback to that and I still have a £50 monthly nuts bonus which is very nearly cleared. The month isn't over however so this number could go up or down quite a bit yet. Nevertheless £1216 so far this month is good stuff, I think I am playing very well at the moment, and loving the heads up cos without sounding too big headed, I feel I have an edge over some of the smaller stakes players there. Oh yeah I have 5 days off work starting Friday can't fucking wait!

3 comments:

RoyalFire said...

Wp mate!!

controlled sessions with correct game selection can do wonders!!!

gl on your continued success.

Anonymous said...

wat was the nutters name?

Ironmonk said...

I'll get back to that when I check my hand histories at home!