kentuckyfriedcruelty.com

Friday 16 May 2008

Good night

Last night I was about to play the £7K tourny on crypto for £33 when I got a text from a poker-comedy duo named A-Game who said they were about to play a $20 multi on Stars and whether I wanted to join them. I of course jumped at the chance and the game of choice was a $20 45 man sit and go. It took ages to fill so I went ahead and played the £7K anyway, busting to AQ when some donk called my all in on the turn with AQ high only to river an A (I had KJ and top pair, he had no draw).

So anyway the Stars tourny was fun, I happened to be on the same table as A-Game but they busted in about 3 hands and I went on to win the damn thing, cheers for the invite! I got lucky early when I was all in as a short stack with KK against AA, rivered a K! When final table time came down I steamrolled my way to 5 handed, it was so easy just stealing blinds etc no one put up any opposition so I amassed a huge chip lead and also busted a couple of dweebs. 5 handed however pissed me off, now I am not one to say that online poker is rigged otherwise I wouldn't play it but what I saw last night was just unbelieveable. Again and again and again the short stack would double up with some outflop, suck out re re re suck out etc etc it seemed like whatever card they needed they hit no matter the outs. Then my aces got cracked by the 2nd in chips with K9c for a big pot. I was getting really pissed off!

One hand which sums up the sickness when the donk min raised the button and I re raised with A4, he called leaving himself 2k behind. Flop was 2 3 5 I put him in he calls with JQoff. Turn A river 4, fuck offfffffffff! Nevertheless I managed to battle through and take it down, despite being all in for the win with AA against 99 he spiked a 9 on the turn. The amount of set up hands was just crazy, never seen anything like it. Anyway ship the $280.

At the same time in this tourney I played a £0.50/£1 on crypto sitting with £70, left after not too long with £300, the table was crazy loose I loved it. So a £330 profit last night which means monthly winnings are nearly at £900 and I still have nuts bonus and rakeback to come, I will work it out later, long may the winning continue.

Oh yeah the laser cosmos arrived yesterday and it's great!

7 comments:

RoyalFire said...

Nice one mate! keep up the good work

Cya at the tables.

:-)

Amatay said...

nice results fish. I wish i could play poker :-(

RoyalFire said...

Hi mate !

I was looking for a hand i played against farhound after we had a chat the other day.

I've put the hand up on this site have a look and see how i busted the desperate fish.

Note: This is after playing for about 30mins so i had a good read on his game until then.

correct move or not? sometimes gut feeling is necessary

http://www.pokerhandreplays.com/view.php/id/6485

Ironmonk said...

Nice, I have often seen him play hands exactly like this; 3 bets from the BB which he does like 95% of the time you raise from the button. Continuation bet flop, then check raise all in on turn often with air. He seemed to get the better of me (probably because he leaves the room as soon as you double up or he loses a big pot), but I think you are good a lot of the time here against him. Nice.

Ironmonk said...

Although I'm not sure I like the flop call cos this fish just won't fold the turn with any sort of hand if you miss...

RoyalFire said...

Yes he will not fold hence my flop call.

Gutshot or a pair, i knew had a good success against the muppet.

It was risky but i love it when the aggression blows in muppets face :-)

This was our final hand he left straight after.

Ironmonk said...

He always leaves when he loses a big pot/doubles you up, always! It's so annoying!