kentuckyfriedcruelty.com

Wednesday 28 May 2008

£54

This is how much I am now up for the month. It was £1604, but I lost the £800 I had in my poker account then a further £750 from my bank account (I had withdrawn £804 in poker winnings this month). The £800 went to about £325 playing £1/£2 all day and not leaving when I started to play bad. The rest went trying to recuperate the losses in £2/£5. I had a couple of unlucky beats along the way; here are the most interesting hands and biggest pots.

All the following hands are in £pounds sterling not $dollars.

  • In this hand I think my opponent must be psychic, I labeled him as a donk after this and I wanted revenge which partially explains the later AA hand against him.


  • In this crazy hand I wish I had called but of course I couldn't. It's not that clear but the guy with A10c shoves pre flop for like £300+ so of course I can't call, some people r such morons, let me see a flop!


  • This hand was just sick. Against the same player as earlier, I wanted to bust him, but I genuinely hated that flop so bad and was 99% sure I was beat, I mean what else can he have here? But ego took over I guess and I bet the flop far too quickly without thinking then was priced in to call the raise in my opinion, this pissed me off so much though cos I played it so bad, knew exactly what he had, but went with the 1% that this is a donk AK or something, sigh.

  • Here my opponent shows me no respect whatsoever, I thought I was ahead on the flop if I'm honest as this guy was very aggressive and the turn just sealed the deal I was obv only folding if a heart came out, this guy went crazy aggro after this hand 3 betting me so often and I didn't keep the stack for long :-(

  • Onto the £2/£5 and this seemed like a great spot to get a triple up, I put one of these guys on a set to be honest, didn't really like what I saw, one time I didn't wanna make my flush! Luckily I double sucked out anyway :-)

  • This hand was just brutal, I think I make a good flop call here, these people either just want to give me money or have no respect for me at all (I believe its the latter) anyway if my hand had held here I would have got out of the room, withdrawn the £750 back and had a £600 roll again, how much can change on the turn of a card!

  • Last but not least, people again wanna give me money the villain here actually typed into the chat box "Please suck out, pleeease" whilst the cards were dropping which I found to be very low and not what I needed as the river fell, maybe he really hates me or maybe he's just a prick? I think the latter again! Never recovered from this.
Its funny I was very high on life when I was winning this month, I had given up drinking for a while in a bid to be more healthy, hitting the gym more and I felt good. After this loss I slacked off the gym for 2 days and went out and got pissed on vodka! How quickly life can change, all at the turn of a card.

Nevertheless, I am still up for the month even if it is just £54, so I really can't complain it could be much worse, being up is being up! Plus I have rakeback coming in a couple of days which should be around £250, so that will be £300 profit from poker for the month, so it's good to look on the bright side! I hope my 2 or 3 readers enjoyed the hands I posted, let me know what you think in the comments section!

Oh well here's to repeating it all again next month, can't fucking wait! (drinking vodka again ;-).

5 comments:

mushyjim said...

wow mate you are a crazy bastard! Some of the hands are very brutal, I don't think you can fold the AA against that dweeb and I think you played it well. Pretty harsh but good to look at the positives, £300 up for the month isn't bad at all, but you know that it won't last. And you know that it's bollocks about you leaving if that Q didn't fall, even if you did you wouldve just lost it back in the next few sessions anyway. Playing sometimes 3/4 handed with 4 buy-ins is never going to be too successfull in the long run.

Ironmonk said...

Yeh I know it's never gonna be long term successful, you can't play these levels without a cushion of at least 20 buy ins I would be more happy with a £40K roll playing here! But even if I had that I would probably be hitting the £25/£50 tables before long! I still had fun whilst it lasted and will probably repeat the whole process again!

Anonymous said...

playing outside the roll = inevitable. however, sick luck mate...wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Anonymous said...

nice blog..

how does your rakeback work?
interested as im a willhill player yet stil dont understand it lol!

i fort if u earnt 1000 mpps u get £50??

mushyjim said...

mate how do i change the name of the links to that hand replayer thing? if you look on my blog its just called www.pokerhand... etc. Cheers mate x