kentuckyfriedcruelty.com

Friday 5 October 2007

Steady as she goes...

Not too much to report really but I thought I should update. My roll on Betfred now stands at £450, I have withdrawn about £100 since I deposited that original £50 tho, so I am doing well and considering that I am not finding much time to play at all, building steadily. I am being more conscious of money in general and trying to save as much as I can, and the casual withdrawals I am making help to keep my real life 'bankroll' in check, clearing my overdraft is my main priority.

In my last post I said I would steer clear of Heads Up play. Well I didn't, but I have had a lot of success there, probably more than anywhere else. I think I have an edge over a lot of the HU small stakes players on ipoker and my aggressive strategy often causes people to play tiltily and what feels to me like they are out of their comfort zones ,because they have to call me with the same mediocre hands that I am raising with. Heads Up play is also good when you are keen for a quick 20 minute session or something and just want to play a lot of hands rather than grinding the fuller tables.

I have played quite a few multis recently. Ones to note: a $25 rebuy 6 max tourney where 1st was $1700 and I came 12th for $58. A $2000 freeroll on Inter (through rakeback) which I came 40th in for $60 (1st was over $2.5k!). Cashed in a few more but nothing of any significant interest, still hoping for a big first place soon and I know it is coming.

An interesting point, I have noticed that I don't tilt nearly as much as I used to when using bankroll management, I feel like I have turned over a new leaf and I am a different player to how I was just 2 months ago. If only I had realised how important BRM was from the beginning I could have saved myself a lot of cash, hopefully now that I am on the straight and narrow however I will be able to make it all back, slowly of course but slowly is better than losing everything, watch this space.

Bankroll - £450 + $25 on PKR

2 comments:

mushyjim said...

GOOD GOING DWEEB, STILL GOING TO MOVE UP WHEN YOU GET TO $1000?

Ironmonk said...

I said I will move up when I get to £1000 not $1000, I've hit $1000 already! dweeb.