kentuckyfriedcruelty.com

Friday 12 October 2007

Running bad...

Played last night; stupidly played 2 rooms of $0.50/$1 and ran very badly. I was getting sucked out on all over the place when I had the best hand and making shit calls when I had the worst hand, serves me right for stepping up the levels too early. Anyway had dinner, 2 nurofens and a hot toddy (got a cold at the moment), sat in my room with the heater on high and my hood up to try and sweat the cold out of me, and play some poker. Might not have been a good idea to play whilst feeling shitty these last few days, they have all been losing days, but I did nonetheless.

Anyway after dinner things continued in bad fashion, so I entered a $109 double stack multi with 123 runners and sat in a $50 cash game at the same time. Had got my stack to over $110 before my aces lost to ducks, I knew he had made a set yet couldn't stop betting. Feeling tilty, I sat in a $100, 10 seater room and quickly lost my buy in, topped up, left the $50 room and concentrated on the tournament and the $100 room. I ended up placing 25th in the tournament, top 20 got paid, about $3.7K for 1st. Final hand i had AJ on the button, a serial pre flop raiser made it 2,400 with blinds at 400/800, this was my first remotely good hand in a very long time and I figured he was weak so I pushed for about 8,600 total. He thought for a while and called with 33, the flop was K 10 K with two hearts actually making me a favourite on the flop, turn K and river blanked however and I was out, 5 off the money, I can't hit :-(

Whilst I was playing this tourney however I ran good in the cash game, playing aggressive and fairly loose and hitting a few flops eventually cashing out on $420 (only cos everyone left the room in sheer fear of my de-stacking ability). So my roll is now £350, which could have been worse, need to retain my discipline.

No comments: