kentuckyfriedcruelty.com

Wednesday 10 October 2007

Minor slip up...

Last night I played poker till 3am. I was stuck about £260 at one point. It all started when I met some idiot HU who managed to beat me for 2 buy ins. I then had dinner and came back and 4 tabled and continued to lose bits here and there. So, stupidly I decided to buy into $1/$2 with $40 and lost that, think I might have done it again, then started to buy in for $80. Things were going crap and I was getting pissed off. Took a short break at about 1 then sat back in the room. Was sitting on about $200, this quickly went down to $80 and I could see myself losing the lot. However, I topped up to the full $200, dug my heels in and gradually began to outplay the table and build my stack, a lot of players left and I was HU with a guy who had been playing for hours and had sucked out his gutshot on my flopped set for a $260 pot earlier, then beaten my JJ with AA all in on a low flop. I managed to outplay this guy tho, before the table became full again. I left at 3 with a $600 stack and had made a great comeback, meaning I was only down £33 for the night, nothing to worry about.

I then sat in $5/$10 for about 2 rounds lol, was scary and I lost $10. Was just fucking around there lol and wasn't planning to stick around, lucky for me I didn't get dealt AK or anything!

In hindsight, it wasn't a good idea to play $1/$2 in order to make back what I had lost seeing as I was steaming a bit, it was hard to not tilt and play well again. But i managed it and luckily managed to make it back. I just hope something similar doesn't happen again cos next time I might not be so lucky. I began to feel like I had so many times, with the reckless abandon for the value of money, only in previous years it had ended a lot worse. But I want to keep this a thing of the past.

No comments: