kentuckyfriedcruelty.com

Monday 25 August 2008

Annoyed


I qualified for the Sunday £40K on crypto yesterday for £12. I ended up coming 21st for £280, one place off £400 and I'm still really pissed off about it! Partly because my last hand was losing with AKc to AQs to a river flush, then someone else going out about 5 seconds later losing out on £120 which is a lot to me right now! But the way I played one hand (10,10 from the big blind) when I had a comfortable 26K stack. You can't afford many mistakes when the blinds are big and this cost me about half my stack. I feel I played really well up till then. I'm still really annoyed at myself because I so wanted to make that final table and I think if I hadn't donked up that hand I stood a good chance, and of course the £10,200 for first was looking quite appealing! Oh well I will play it again next week if I can satellite in again.

On the steps front on stars, getting pissed off with them, haven't progressed past level 3, my luck always seems to run dry there! The other day I started the day playing 1 level 1, never fell below the requirements to at least try the level again, made level 3 eventually, had I think 2 attempts then bubbled with AK vs AA. The one before there was 3 left (top 2 get a $215 seat which is what I wanted), short stack pushes with A9 off, big stack calls with AK off, flop comes 3 spades, shorty has As, you know the rest, and of course it's me who comes 3rd, grr! Can't be arsed with these things for a while, I'm in 1 event at least! Think I will stick to the tournaments for now, I'm half decent at them.

2 comments:

Tom said...

Good effort with the tourney mate, brutal way to go out...well done for not hitting the cash tables after??!
keep plugging away you'll get one!

Ironmonk said...

Withdrew all the money instantly :-D