kentuckyfriedcruelty.com

Tuesday 7 October 2008

£2K+.....


I reached over £2,000 today. So I have made over £2K in just under 2 weeks as a 'person who is playing poker for money for a bit'.

Yesterday I played the most hours since I started by a long stretch and it was a pretty frustrating day. I started up but then was down to about £1,700 at worst - a loss of £190, I kept winning some back, then losing it back again and repeating this process. However I made it all back and then some to put me nearly £100 up for yesterday. In contrast today I played for about 6 minutes and made about £65, lol.

I think yesterday was a good indication of the new discipline I have and the benefits of being comfortably rolled for the level you are playing at. Not once was I tempted to move up to regain losses more quickly; I simply accepted it as variance and played on, taking a break whenever I felt like my A game was slipping. It paid off. This is sensible poker. I feel like I am a decent player when I'm playing my A game but too often in the past I have succumbed to tilt and implemented E game which although works for my mate Ed, is not a winner for me.

Why didn't I play this sensibly starting a few years ago? I would be loaded by now... possibly.

I treated myself to a new PS3 game today - Pure, its a quad bike racer with crazy tricks and is good fun. Luckily for me with my 'job' I have plenty of free time to play it. I really hope I can continue this success, the sky is the limit! Good luck at the tables!

6 comments:

Tom said...

Good to hear it's going well mate but even better to hear the mention of E game.

Tom said...

P.S Watch this space for a st.andrew's reunion event, it's on my to do list!

mushyjim said...

Very good mate, you're firsttough frustrating day and you didn't tilt - things are looking good! Roughly how many hours are you playing a day? How many tables? What stakes? x

Ironmonk said...

When I was playing just 1-2 hours a day I was having better results than the last few days where I have played over 5 hours! Playing $100NL 6 max and usually 3 tabling it's how I feel most comfortable and also I can't fit more than 4 on my screen anyway cos I don't like the tiny mini tables so I have to make do with the overlap :-(

mushyjim said...

update?

Mark Johns said...

Good work Iron Monk. Nice one in getting the role up over 2k. So have you been job hunting or are you making the transition to a poker fish?