kentuckyfriedcruelty.com

Wednesday 29 August 2007

Sit n' Go.......no where in particular

Well, it has been a long time since my last post in which I made a vow to play tournaments only, and yes I have stuck to it, almost.

So I started out with the $50 roll on PKR, at my lowest I went down to $17 but managed to get it up to $120 at peak playing $5 and $10 SNG's. I played mainly $5 6 seater speed games and had mixed success, I actually recorded a tally chart of all my tournaments and placings and the amount of times I came 3rd in this game was too many; mainly because of the turboness of it and the luck that therefore ensues. I did dabble in cash the other day for literally about 10 mins and made a profit with a set of 7's. But I have been keeping to my plan very strictly and for me that is impressive. PKR did a promotion where you had to win 7 SNG's in about 5 days, I managed to do this despite playing very rarely and being busy over the bank holiday, so now I am entered into a $2000 freeroll with (hopefully) not too many runners so I hope to do well in this.

Playing PKR is fun but it is still a bit slow so last night I withdrew $50 from my $107 roll. I then deposited the equivalent £25 into InterPoker using a double deposit code that will earn me £50 when I reach it. I aim to stick to tournaments and played my first last night; £3.60 and I came 1st for £15. So now I have a £36 roll on Inter and a $57 roll on PKR and am going to continue with tournaments for as long as I can avoid the lure of cash games. If only I had more time to play...

I have hundreds of pounds sitting in the bank but have not even been tempted to deposit and play bigger stakes. It feels good to have not deposited in so long and come next pay cheque I might actually not be broke. The reason I seem to have turned over a new leaf is partly owed to a guy called 'luckyjimm', whose blog has dissuaded me from continuing the way I was when I see what it can do to someone. I would actually like thank him for his well written and deeply personal and insightful blog, it made something wake up in me and I realised that spending money on things other than poker is a far better existence. I will add his blog to my links on the right.

So, I managed to turn out a profit, I haven't played as often as I would have liked, but the slowness of it all is not even bothering me that much. The slowness is counteracted by the fact that I am not wasting my wages, it makes me feel good and I am still getting a lot of fun out of playing poker, something which can be lost in the endless thrill of raking £200 pots. So I have small rolls on 2 sites and will keep trying to build with small buy in SNG's cos I know I am a fairly decent tournament player (when I'm not bored). Not sure how interesting this blog is going to be now however but I hope to build a roll big enough the hard way to be able to play bigger and bigger sit and gos.

Bankroll - $57 and £36

1 comment:

LuckyJim said...

Glad to hear you've learnt from my bad example! You realise after a while that when you're addicted to poker, even if you have that big win it is pointless because you'll just move to higher stakes and give it back. I've won thousands in a day and never bought so much as a sausage with it! Good luck sticking to the small stakes, playing for fun, and having a life.

Jimm