kentuckyfriedcruelty.com

Saturday 16 May 2009

I'm rich!


Well, sort of. Not through poker though, I'll explain in a minute. First though, after the success of my last post the inevitable happened and I lost the £350; a couple of coolers and it's all over with only a couple of buy ins. I couldn't find a fold with K6 on a K67 rainbow flop out of the SB in a limped family pot for example, he had 77 of course. Losing this didn't really bother me that much it was likely to happen and I knew that, and it's not like it's the first time I've lost that amount of money! I just wish I could bring myself to withdraw more when I win nice sums of cash, but no I always tell myself I want to build a roll and end up losing it, countless times I could have withdrawn decent amounts. Oh well. I went on to lose another £90 from my bank, but stopped there, which I thought rather disicplined. I still managed to bank a win of about £150 or so over the week or so period, and of course made some rakeback, so not all was lost!

So I've not played poker in nearly a week, owing to lack of funds and working overtime at my job, coupled with gym and having some sort of social life doesn't leave a lot of free time. But anyway on to the rich bit. I think I mentioned in a previous post about the money I am owed from my last job, just under £5,000. I have been owed this for nearly a year now and never thought I would see a penny of it really. However some meeting occured with their accountants and we were told we should get something, I filled out some form they sent me and thought no more of it. Well on Friday morning before work I go to check my online banking to see if I had been paid my wages (I hadn't, surprisingly) but to my shock/joy there was an automated credit for £1896 gone into my account!!! I had no idea this was coming and was a little taken aback, but it put me in a good mood for the rest of the day, despite spending all day weeding! I was hoping it wasn't some error my boss had made because the transaction didn't say where it was from at first, I found out when I got home however it was indeed some insolvency money so happy days! They owe me more of course but that should come at a later date.

All it really means though is that I am no longer overdrawn and just slightly in the black with regards to my bank account for the first time in aaaaaaages. But when it says I have over £2,000 available it does look so nice and tempting! I have to remember I have a £2K overdraft though, bank's money not mine! I haven't put any into poker yet, I'm hesitant to, although having money in my bank makes me feel strange and I feel like I need to spend it on things so that I don't waste it playing poker. I will see how it goes, please let me stay away from £10/£20 one time!

4 comments:

would-be said...

go on a gambling binge, mate, and throw in some Boutros Boutros and some high-class hookers.
And get me involved!
:-)

Ironmonk said...

wtf is Boutros Boutros?! I like the sound of it!

would-be said...

lol
Boutros Boutros GHALI rhymes with.... :-)

Ironmonk said...

ah, gotcha! I think... coke right?!