kentuckyfriedcruelty.com

Monday 1 June 2009

Reckless

I need to learn respect for money. I have been playing on PKR a lot recently. At first I was just dabbling in a few tournies here and there, going for a big score. Nothing came of it though, so I made the decision to deposit enough money to make it as though I had put down one deposit of $500 and had just lost a few tournies, this equated to about $330. I fucked around in cash games, spinning up to something like $800. I then withdrew the $500 so I was playing with just profit. I played lots more cash getting up to about $930 at peak with money still in play. Dropping to $500, back up to $800 etc etc this went on. Playing first $100NL, then $200 and some $400 too, my brm skills are second to none.

So yesterday I have about $700. Playing $1/$2, I build a stack, things are going well, then I proceed to get royally butt fucked by the deck. A couple of examples; me 99 flop AA9 her AQ all the money in turn an A for $400 pot. Me 79 flop 79J both all in her 10J turn is an 8. I cleverly move to $2/$4 and lose another biggie with 58h on a Q746 board with 2 hearts, he has Q7, river a 7. Dirty beats kept happening but whatever, my account was soon $0. By the way the amount of bad players on PKR is not even funny, if you can make a hand you can get paid off big time.

I go away for a bit, get some breakfast, come back and deposit $300. Sit in a $3/$6 game. Make some great calls in a fairly aggressive game and leave the room on just over $600. I then withdrew the $300 and sat in $2/$4 again with the lot. I lose all but about $24 when I stack off with K9h on an AhJhx flop against a set of jacks and I miss (yeah I'm a fish). Feeling pretty shit about almost busto again however I get KK and more than double up. Then I get 77, flat a raise to see a 78x flop I check raise all in and he has a flush draw with KQs, he misses. The only other hand I remember is limping UTG with 33, BB makes it $14 and I call. Flop Qd3d8d, he bets $30 and I call, turn a blank, he bets $65 ish and I flat call again. River is the disgusting 4d putting the 4th diamond out there. He bets $100 in to me and I do the standard '/grr' emote and get ready to fold before my brain kicks in and I give it a quick think, go with my gut and call, he shows AKc and somehow my stack has grown from $25 to over $700 in about 3o mins! I'm a lucky? shitbag sometimes, I just wish I could do a nice spin up without having lost a load first so it's actually profit!

Earlier I sat in a $5/$10 10 handed game and just sat out and watched for a bit. Temptation getting the better of me though I sat in after a while for my BB, as soon as I had done this I regretted it though lol. One short stack limper and it's folded to me, I make it $50 with AQh, give it the '/bringiton' and the short stack folds. I immediately sit out with my $15 profit. What the fuck is wrong with me why do I feel the need to play so high?! Cos I fucking love the heart pounding rush of getting all the money in with a set, hoping it holds and winning a massive pot. That's why.

I head off to E-game's house later to play a home game 5 handed. Some interesting hands, only one I'm gonna mention is when I have 86s in the SB, one limper, I complete, E-game puts in a small raise from the BB, both me and the limper call. Flop is a fairly pleasing 6 10 6, I check, E-game bets 1000, next guy min raises, and I think for a while about how to try and disguise the fact I have a 6. Kinda hard, I think flat calling here is just as strong as raising really, but maybe slightly weaker, so I flat the 2000. E-game then decides he wants to move all in for maybe 6k ish more. Other guy folds and I of course call, E-game shows AA... turn blanks and river is of course the A of diamonds. The burn card was also an ace it was revealed. So I essentially got 1 outtered for a big pot, fml I am so rigged. Luckily I had chipped up to about 15K before the hand so I was far from out, but also far from a huge stack. It was getting late so we made a deal that 3rd got their money back and I went out very shortly after in 3rd, woo!

That's all for now, I got asked if I would stay on my job over the summer, and I agreed, not really having a choice, so I will be working their until September unless anything better comes along, I need to actually look for this to happen though...

Good luck out there...oh yeah one more thing - I got 96Euros rakeback on Interpoker, let's see where this leads!

2 comments:

Mark Johns said...

your poker swings sound just like mine mate. I can take 100 bucks to 1000 in a day but can soon donk it all back. BRM is the key. iv never quite got the hang of it. that AA9 flop with your pocket nines is representative of how I have been getting ass raped online recently

Anonymous said...

PKR is a laugh, I just wish I had the patience to play there because it is so slow. I'm sure everyone thinks its a computer game and not a real poker site because of the graphics, play has the be the worst on the net by a long shot.

Nice BRM skills BTW!!