kentuckyfriedcruelty.com

Friday 17 August 2007

Tournaments Only

Have I reached a turning point? My wages cheque cleared on Wednesday but instead of rushing home to deposit half of it and sit in £1/£2 I actually didn't play at all, in fact I went out to see The Bourne Ultimatum which incidentally is very good as you would expect from the Bourne franchise.

Last night however, I felt like playing, however I was not in the mood to blow my hard earned cash in the cash games. I don't wake up early every day, work for a week only to give that money to some fat geek sitting there in his armchair and catching his 2 outter on me. Not any more. Instead, I decided to see if there were any decent multis running on PKR cos it's always fun to play multis on there. Well I noticed a $55 buy in with $1500 guaranteed tournament with very few runners so I thought seeing as how the players are so bad on this site that this is guaranteed easy money no bad beats ensuing.

So I deposited the $55 and entered, with 41 entrants in total I managed to finish 3rd for $307.50 - a good result but I was a little disappointed when I went out with AJd to Q10d because I felt I had an edge over my opponents and winning that would have given me the stack I needed to make moves with. Nevertheless it was pleasing - I withdrew $257.50 leaving myself with $50 on a new PKR bankroll. I thought it would be a good idea to actually BANK a win rather then just withdrawing what I had deposited and losing the rest.

So, a new idea has come to me and it is by no means original. Play tournaments only. This way, I minimise my losses and won't be able to donk off hundreds of pounds in an hour. I know the lure of cash games is going to be very hard to avoid but I know I am a much better tournament player and have had many good results in the past, so it makes sense. I don't need to worry about playing on Interpoker as rakeback on tournaments is not really worth bothering about. I will mainly stick with PKR and see what I can do with this $50 bankroll playing only tournaments, S&G's and Multis. The players are generally bad so standard ABC poker should see me turn over a profit. I might well deposit on Inter tho and try and further improve my sharkscope stats.

So, it starts here, no more cash games, I'm sick of throwing away my wages. Lets see if I can do it, I wish myself luck.

Bankroll - $50

1 comment:

mushyjim said...

I wish you luck too! Who cares about Skarkscope stats? Just stick to where you are comfortable and make sure you stick to only tourneys, cash is bad!