kentuckyfriedcruelty.com

Monday 23 July 2007

A winning weekend!

Well its Monday morning at work and I actually banked a profitable weekend despite a drunken session! I basically played 3 sessions, winning about £50 each time. Each session was sitting with £50 in £0.50/£1 rooms. First session was Friday before I went out, sat in a 10 seater room allowing me to play tighter. I lost a bit by doubling up a couple of short stacks with marginal calls. Then I got lucky I guess, I made it £4 in EP with QQ, only the SB called. The flop was a pleasing 7 10 Q with 2 spades and the SB bet £4 into me. This was a little confusing and I put him on a flush draw and seeing as I had the nuts made it £9 to go. He then doesn't hesitate in pushing all in which I obv insta call expecting to see a flush draw but no he had KK no spade and my hand held, guess I got lucky there.

A little later i have 77 in the SB, LP min raises it to £2 and 4 of us see a flop. Flop comes A 7 5 with 2 hearts which is again, pleasing. I check and everyone checks to the PFR. He bets £3 which I smooth call and the person next to me raises it to £12 or something. Everyone folds to me and I push expecting a call, he does and shows A7 and misses his 2 outter, all about sets!

Then I went to my mates house to get drunk on vodka and logged on about 2 am....uh oh! I managed to get my £50 up to £130 in one room then cant remember how but managed to lose most of that! However at the same time I was sitting in a £1/£2 room with £100, went down to about £75 then doubled up with AA against some fishes flush draw. That room then broke up, I planned to stop playing at 3 and I did just that, banking a £50 win overall (although I had been up £100).

On Saturday I went shopping and spent quite a bit! I bought 2 tops for £45, some jeans and some shorts for half price in the Next sale for £24! And I went to Game to buy a PSP game I wanted called Crush, and it was in the buy one get one free section - bonus! So I chose Grand Theft Auto as my free game and had a quick go and its very good, also swapped an old game so got 2 brand new games worth £50 for a tenner! - trips on the flop!

Then on Saturday night I went out and got hammered, and felt like shit all day Sunday, played a £5 HeadHunter multi, bubbled on a huge bluff but took 3 heads in the process giving me my buy in back. Had a little sleep then sat with £50 in a £0.50/£1 again. Managed to lose my first buy in with 83h on an 8 7 4 board, it was a (bad) read I had against a serial PFR and he didn't need a hand to go all the way with, but I should have folded it. I bought back in and managed to get up to about £75 then this hand happened. I had AQ in LP and the person to my right makes it £3.50, 3 of us take the flop of Q Q 5. 1st position checks, PFR bets £6 and I smooth call hoping that he makes some sort of hand, other guy folds. Turn is the A of spades putting 2 spades on the board and completing my boat. He checks, and I get sneaky and check behind hoping this will make him bluff the river or think his AK is good. The river comes a blank and he bets £14 into me, I think for a while about how much to raise and decided the over raise all in is ideal - if he has a Q or strong Ace he is gonna call, I think this bet looks like it could easily be a bluff or a naked Ace. Anyway he insta calls with KQ - thankyouverymuch!

Left the room shortly after for a £55 profit. I am getting good at actually leaving a room when I am ahead which is something I often don't do, and boy does it feel good to do this; any winning session is a win so I think it is vital for confidence to have repeated winning sessions. My confidence is high right now. Well, a good weekend, risky BRM but I feel I am playing very well and very TAG and so far it has worked, I think I will drop down a level now however cos I have a workable bankroll to do so.

On a side note, I was e-mailing Sharkscope on Friday and also whilst I was playing drunk at 2am about getting one of my usernames blocked, the woman was uber quick at responding so I kept replying which was quite amusing, so thought I would post the banter here:

Me: Can you please then unblock them both then! sorry to be a pain i'm sure ur very busy, but would appreciate it thanks x

SS: Hi Jon,I have unblocked them both for you; I am sorry we could not block the one you wanted only.Best Wishes,Isabella

Me: wow u guys, or should i say girl, are very quick at responding! What's it like working for sharkscope Isabella? I'm currently a bit drunk and playing £0.50/£1, in which I doubled up in the 1st hand! woo! x

SS: Hi Jon,Be careful, playing cash drunk can be lethal! Working at SharkScope is great.Isabella

There was a bit more with asking what sort of office it was like etc and she said it was small and that she was going home, lol. I think I must have deleted this though.

Also on a side note, went to see Transformers last night, it was AMAZING! One of the best films I have ever seen and just seeing those robots transform is ridiculously cool beyond belief. So so good I wanna see it again! I also have the new, and last Harry Potter book and so far have only read 2 chapters, really need to read it before someone spoils the ending!

Bankroll - £284.34

No comments: